Not getting along in your relationship or are you feeling stuck? Problems in relationships are very common and relationship therapy can really help
Welcome to our Relationship, Marriage and Couple Therapy Service.
Relationships can be a great source of fulfilment. When they are problematic we feel pain, disappointment, guilt, rejection or loneliness. If you are suffering because of relationship problems, counselling can help to show you healthier patterns of relating. At As You Are we offer a professional, confidential and effective relationship therapy service.
Relationship therapy will involve you and your partner working with a qualified therapist to identify any issues or problems in your relationship. Working together you will achieve a deeper understanding of each other and your relationship. Together you will be able to collectively highlight the strengths in your relationship and also create more positive ways of relating with each other whilst also challenging negative and destructive patterns.
We can also provide a unique model of interaction with our Co-Counselling service whereby you as the couple work with two counsellors. Co-Counselling can provide additional insight through having two therapists.
Our relationship therapists work in Brighton and Hove, or Southwick. Relationship therapists can work with couples experiencing a range of relationship issues such as: break-ups, divorce, affairs, sexual difficulties, jealousy, commitment issues, poor communication, power imbalances, wedding/premarital counselling.
As You Are also provide psychosexual therapy to couples or individuals who are experiencing problems with intimacy or their sexual relationship.
Many individuals or couples experience difficulties in sexual relationships which can leave them feeling isolated or alone. People can often feel fearful or self-conscious of their issue and this could lead to months or even years of suffering without discussing their worries with anyone, even their partner.
With The As You Are Psychosexual service our specially trained therapists work with individuals or couples experiencing sexual difficulties.
What are the Benefits of Relationship Counselling?
• Satisfaction and fulfillment in your relationship.
• Conflict management – Repairing and rebuilding communication in your relationship.
• Development of strategies and techniques that will help you to maintain a lasting relationship.
• Development of good communication practices to help you and your partner really understand each other.
• Explore how to prevent problems from destroying your relationship now or in the future.
• Help to clarify issues, identify where the main problems lie and agree what needs to change.
• Support for you to implement and maintain change.
• If separation is your chosen outcome, helping you manage the surrounding emotions and reach mutually acceptable agreements about the welfare of children or anyone else directly affected.
• Improved intimate and sexual relationship.