Do you live with someone abusing alcohol or drugs, or do you have a family member who does?
As You Are is running a one day workshop for people who live with the daily strain of coping with someone else’s addiction.
The day will consist of several guided discussions as a group. The discussions will look at:
- the impact someone else’s addiction has on those who love them
- how addiction affects family relationships
- what we mean by the term ‘enabling behaviour’
- what power (if any) do we have to change the addict’s behaviour
- this is a confidential space for you to share your feelings, hopes and fears with other people in a similar situation. You will not be ‘told what to do’ but the day will give you a reflective space to think about your current coping strategies and how you might improve them
There is no cost but we recommend you book early as there are a limited number of places. Lunch will not be provided but tea, coffee and biscuits will! We look forward to meeting you.