- 6 hour Course for Qualified or Advanced Trainee Psychotherapists
- 10am until 5pm on the 24th of May
- £55 including lunch
- Bringing the client’s digital life into the counselling room
- Bringing the client’s gaming habits into the counselling room
- Reconciling with the idealised digital self and their actual self
- Learn about the risks of internet use and gaming
Increasingly our clients are living their lives online on social networks, playing video games and surfing information sites. Ciaran O’Connor, a psychotherapist who also builds websites and has, in the past, worked as a game designer, will be sharing his ideas as to how we can follow our clients into their gaming and social networking worlds. We will be looking at the risks of being online, how it might be used more mindfully as well as what opportunities it offers to better understand ourselves in therapy.
This course if good for you if: you are a practising therapist who regularly sees clients that make frequent use of either the internet and/or video games.