Do you have concerns about how you eat?
Is the way you eat affecting or even running your life and you would like to find more effective ways of coping with what is going on for you?
This group is for 14 -17 year old girls in the West Sussex area who have concerns about their eating, or consider they may have an eating disorder.
Giving up on restricting food, purging, or binge eating as a way of coping and numbing the unbearable feelings and emotions that may be going on in your life, can seem like too daunting a thought. This group is not about taking away a coping mechanism that’s working for you, it is about offering other tools that may be beneficial and helpful to you. Finding out how these eating patterns developed can be enabling in making the changes you may wish to make.
What the group will offer:
- A space to talk about what may be troubling you.
- A safe and welcoming environment where those worried about their eating or who consider they may be affected by eating disorders can share and discuss their experiences.
- Information and advice on eating disorders to enable better understanding of symptoms and Gateways to support (e.g Counselling, or other therapies and support groups.
What concepts will be covered:
- The meaning of food and learning resilience to triggers
- The Emotional smoke screen
- The concept of Shame
- Cognitive distortions
- Understanding self-harm
- Improving your self-esteem
- The positive aspects of Anger
- Non-violent communication
- The compassionate self
Groups will be small, around 8 adolescents up to and including 17 year olds, and run for 10 weeks, and is FREE to access.
For more information or to sign up for the groups contact the As You Are Team on 07952 754 859 or email firstname.lastname@example.org