29 AprLGBT Awareness Training for the AYA Team
Will be providing As You Are team with LGBT Awareness training. The training will include;
- Pronouns and preferred name (how/when to ask clients, sharing pronouns with clients, using pronouns in supervision)
- Language (key words to know) e.g. queer, cis, non-binary, intersex, asexual, gender assigned at birth, passing, binding etc.
- Overview of what the differences are between gender Identity, gender expression, biological sex and attraction
- LGBTQ mental health and suicide rates – affects of homophobia/biphobia/transphobi
a on clients coming for counselling
- Bisexual Erasure – how bisexuality can be invisible and not believed. The affects of isolation from both LGBTQ and non LGBTQ spaces.
- Heterosexism and cissexism – how society can affect clients coming for counselling e.g. stigma, fear of discrimination
- LGBTQ specific onward referral info (e.g. low cost groups, helplines etc.)