12 JunRelationship Therapy and Working with Couples Training Programme
Further to our post in March announcing our forthcoming Couples Counselling course, we are really excited to be able to offer our training programme on relationship therapy and working with Couples. Over the years we have developed a great course that covers all aspects of working with couples. This does mean the course is slightly longer than many of the courses on offer; but it’s really great value for money.
The course is for qualified therapists.
Working with couples is very different to one to one work this course will leave you will feeling keen and confident to move into this challenging but incredibly rewarding work.
Sign up in the office with a deposit to secure your space.
Cost to current AYA team; £300, Ex AYA £450; Non AYA £675
8th/ 9th Sept
22nd/ 23rd Sept
20th /21st Oct
3rd /4th Nov
1st/ 2nd Dec
Brief Course outline:
- You as the therapist
- Effective Assessment and history taking, Contracting and boundaries
- Sexual language, sexual history, sex and the couple, Intimacy, cycle of arousal.
- Looking at the function of the dysfunction
- When to refer on
- Masters & Johnsons, Schnark, Imago, Hendrix
- Attachment style, TA, Triangulation
- Relationships in the Digital Age
- Religion, Race, Culture
- The diversity of families
- Couples in Crisis/ The Stuck Couple
- Aging and Relationships
Each area to include skills sessions